Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Kobe's Ego

Black Mamba

This viral video is one of the best sports viral videos I've ever seen. While most people would watch this and think it's a video about Kobe, I would like to point out that every 15 to 30 seconds his shoes are mentioned. This is what the video is about, that and Nike stroking Kobe's Ego.

It is a six minute shoe commercial, and an insanely good one. Nike does an amazing job at playing off Kobe's ego and his fans all in an effort to do one thing, sell shoes! Don't be mistaken, this short clip probably cost Nike millions of dollars but in the first couple days of it hitting the Internet it went viral faster than the swine flu. 2 million people had watched this within a week of it hitting the Internet.

I just thought I'd share this with you as i thought it was a great commercial and more importantly it's disguised as something that doesn't look like a commercial so i figured I'd help ya out considering I hope stuff like this to be my job some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment